Monday, January 24, 2011

DIVERSITY in OHIO Goverment is Missing

So I just saw this article on a website and it intrigued me because I used to live in Ohio.

Pressure mounts on Ohio Governor Kasich to diversify cabinet

Apparently the new Governor has an ALL WHITE cabinet.

Now having lived in Ohio, and attending school in Ohio I know from personal experience there is plenty of diversity- Asians, Hispanics, Indians, Africans... everyone!

So I was shocked when I saw that he didn't have any on his staff, especially if it is supposed to represent the people of the state and their views.

In the article, it states that he wanted the best... Now I agree, that's what we (the people he is supposed to represent) want as well, but he seriously couldn't find anyone who is of a different race????... Nope not buying it!

So what do you think???

P.S. I believe that black government officials should also take a hint and Diversify there staff as well. It goes both ways folks, not just black and white views.

No comments:

Post a Comment