Sunday, June 6, 2010

Judgement

OMG!!!.... Ok so I have a BIG petpeev -> people who look at me or anyone else and claim they know who or what I am.


Point blank... You dont know someone til you sit and have a real conversation with someone. I wish more people would stop looking down (or up to) people they dont know!. You have no clue why that person is where they are, doing what they are doing.


The other day I met up with a classmate, Lola--- she was hilarious. Had me buggin out, cracking up. Jokes for days.... the great thing about her was no negative pre-judgement. We talked and hung out. She really didnt know me and I really didnt know her.


Lola had her view of me - Serious, cold, quiet individual that kept to myself. That couldn't be further from the truth.... The people that know me, REALLY know me, know that I love to laugh and joke around all the time, probably too much. I had my views of her as well.... you know older lady (she's in her 30's), boring, stuck in her ways and views. I was totally wrong as well. Lola is a funny person that is open minded and is non judgemental. So, at the end of the day we had a new understanding for each other.


Bottom line folks, and I have to remind myself sometimes, Dont judge someone until you know them. Keep that in mind when you see someone who doesn't look like you or your friends.....


And my public service announcement is over LOL!!! Just had to get that off my chest, lol.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to cosign on ur PSA... A lot of times human nature dictates that we seek interactions with ppl who are just like us. Unfourtunatly that can hinder our growth greatly. It's worth it to throw caution into the wind and strike up convo w/ someone u would never speak to..,. What's the worst that can happen?!! U might just gain a new friend :-)

    ReplyDelete