Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Controversial Anti-Abortion Billboard Shocks SoHo Residents - DNAinfo.com


This right here... MAN OH MAN!!!

I have so many opinions about it... I have so many feelings about it.

SIDE NOTE- I'm pro choice. I believe that every female should have the responsibility to do what they please and how they see fit. I bleieve if the government starts to tell us how to live our lives they must then pick up the tab for raising this child.


Anyway I digress, I found this billboard to be highly offensive, but at the same time it sheds light on abortion in the black community (in the wrong way). I believe people like myself and other black females will start thinking more about the decisions and actions they are choosing to participate in and the conscious of what this ad is trying to convey. The article states that African American women have a 59% rate of abortion in NY... Not good at all.


I believe yes this message was harsh and that what I believe they were going for, it worked, congrats to them. I also believed that they could have showcased this same message a different way.


Anyway read the article, I could talk (write) for days about this. I wanna hear what you have to say.

Click link below for article.


Controversial Anti-Abortion Billboard Shocks SoHo Residents - DNAinfo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment