Friday, January 21, 2011

Simple Meals: Meatless Tacos


So a few nights ago I was at a friends having dinner....

Now me being a vegetarian (two years strong!) I usually choose to eat at home where 1) wont be tempted with meat, 2) I can enjoy my meal without all the vegetarian jokes and, 3) so I wont be a burden to the cook.



But my friend who is a meat-lover made some FABULOUS meatless tacos that I thought Id share.

FYI they are also pretty healthy!



Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 5 min

Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:

4 medium corn tortilla(s)
1 cup(s) fat-free canned refried beans
1/4 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese

4 Tbsp salsa

Instructions
1. Line the tray of a toaster oven with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the tortillas with the beans; sprinkle with the cheese. Heat at 400°F until the cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Top with the salsa; fold the tortillas into half moons.


By the way if your on weight watchers this meal is 2 servings and 6 points per serving :)


(Thankx KB)

No comments:

Post a Comment