Saturday, June 19, 2010

Driving Directions

So today I drove from philly to Ohio... Back to school for summer school. So I had a lot of time behind the wheel (9 hours of fun, NOT!).

Anyway.... I decided to put together some simple driving directions for those who may not know the rules of the land that are NOT in the manual, or that have should be.

Highway Driving- Yes, corn fields, stinky chicken houses, and crammed spaces for several hours, Highways!


1) Men, It is okay to ask for directions!. - Id rather you suck it up and ask then us get lost and be in this hot ass car for 30 more minutes while we find out where the hell we are. I will not look at you any less, ill actually appreciate you sucking it up and asking.


2) SLOW and OLD drivers stay to the DAMN RIGHT!!!- If you go the speed limit or anywhere close to it stay to the right. Let us pass and you can remain your slow speed without pissing the rest of us off, Thanx.


3) Yielding- If I am driving on the highway, I do not slow down or speed up for you coming onto the high way! YOU YIELD TO ME!!! Point blank, Period, The End....




4) Rest Stops- maybe its me but I hate stopping at rest stops. It slows me down from my goal, getting there as soon as possible. But when I do stop, I wish white people and there kids would stop staring at me as if I'm the FIRST black person they have ever seen, EVER!. YES black people drive and travel outside of a city. Also... Yes black people like Starbucks.... lol.We enjoy the overly expensive coffee as well!


(Side Note)People please! Expose your children to different cultures EVERYONE (black and white), so they will not be surprised and stare when they see a handicap person, different race, or religion person.



5) TRUCKS - Dont mess with them. Move out of there way, Yield to them. Dont stop in front of them suddenly, they cant brake like a car can. They have a right to be on the road just like we do, even as annoying as they are. Its how our food is delivered from place to place, PERIOD sux it up.


City Driving- The fast paced stop and go and smog filled air.


1) Music -Loud is ok. I like to see what your jammin to and ill share what Im jammin to, just dont blast the radio. Its corny folks. I can get the same song lol.



2) Parallel Parking- If you don't know how, or mess up more then twice.... YES I will laugh at you. Turn your music down, concentrate and do it all ready...lol. Ill have more respect for you as a driver lol.



3) SNOW - When it snows and I shovel out of my spot.... Thats MY SPOT!!.... See the lawn chair???... Dont move it or we will have a problem, SERIOUSLY.

4) Buses- Driving behind buses is like everyone worst dream. They are big, slow and stop frequently. AVOID at all cost lol.


5)Drive through Windows - They are for quick eats... know what you want, have your money ready. They are teenagers behind the window. Dont get mad if they mess up your order, they don't care lol. If you dont know what you want save us all some time and go inside, thanx.



And I know my list is long but... whatever its my site. BITE IT and enjoy. :)

If you know of any other tips... add below thanx folks!

2 comments:

  1. number 5 about the trucks, i completely agree! highways were built for trucks so they have even more of a right to be there!
    and sorry to be a stickler but...Its how OUR food is delivered from place to place... not are... love!

    ReplyDelete